The surface mount PlacePods can be installed with adhesive, fasteners or both. Please have the following materials on hand for installation:
Installation with Adhesive
Please read and follow instructions and safety warnings on product labels
- Wire brush and or broom
- Coarse Sand-Paper
- Rags or towels for clean-up
- Concrete Sealer Stripper or equivalent to remove oil, grease, dirt and coatings from surface.
- Adhesive and Applicator
PNI currently recommends: Superior Industries #303 Bumper Mount,
Approximately 6 sensors per 2-part kit using minimum application.
It is highly recommended to use applicator and tubes with mixing nozzle
- lacquer thinner, xylene or other solvent to clean tools and over-spill
Installation with Fasteners
- Hammer Drill with Mason Bit
- ¼” Self-Tapping Masonry Screws
- PNI currently recommends Wedge-Bolt 1/4” X 1 ¾” manufactured by Powers Fastening
Innovations. Two versions are available:
- Part No 7701N - 410 Stainless steel @ $1.44 each (low magnetic)
- Part No 7206ND - Zinc plated carbon steel @ $0.24 each
Other screw types can be used, keep in mind the material choices must be low magnetic.